Globe for All creates world-class theatre productions and fosters cross-cultural shared experiences in San Diego.
All about Globe for all:
Globe for All is now in its fifth year of performances and community engagement. This past summer, Globe for All toured Karen Zacarías’ Native Gardens directly from the theatre’s stage to the community. Providing theatre access to those who cited ticket prices as the largest barrier to attendance.
In October, The Old Globe conducted a special Day of the Dead event featuring a play created as part of our coLAB program with residents from the City Heights community on its plaza outside the theatre and a Globe for All touring production of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream to 17 stops throughout the community as well as two low cost performances at The Old Globe, bringing Shakespeare to areas of the San Diego that had not previously had access to or participated in Old Globe programs.
Community Voices continues to find new perspectives at Otay Mesa Library and South Bay Community Services/Chula Vista Promise Neighborhood. The 10-week free playwriting workshop series will culminate in a reading of 10 minute play(s) or a collaboratively curated script written by participants and performed by professional Globe actors for the community in 2019.
In partnership with South Bay Community Services/Chula Vista Promise Neighborhood, The Old Globe continues work on CoLAB, a sixteen-week collaborative theatre-making process between Globe artist and community members, turning their stories into a site-specific performance, by and for the community.
- Chaldean Middle Eastern Social Services/San Diego County Library – El Cajon Branch Library
- Naval Base San Diego
- San Diego Military Family Collaborative/Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) San Diego’s Serra Real Connections Healthy Start Program
- Fourth District Seniors Resource Center
- Lemon Grove Historical Society
- Lemon Grove Branch, San Diego County Library
- City of Chula Vista and South Bay Community Services
- South Bay Community Services/Chula Vista Promise Neighborhood
- Oceanside Public Library
- City of Oceanside Parks & Recreation Department
- Otay Mesa-Nestor Branch, San Diego Public Library
- City Heights/Weingart Library and Performance Annex
- City Heights Day of the Dead festival